Monday, September 13, 2010

Regal Video vs. Criterion Collection.

Today I received the Regal Video releases of Snake Fist Dynamo and Kung Fu Rebels. Regal releases are pretty rare and the label rarely gets mentioned. I'm looking forward to watching these, but it won't be for awhile. Before I get to them I want to get through the DVDs of The Howling, Sole Survivor (I have a blog coming up about Code Red, something that you will not read anywhere else) and The Substitute Parts 1 - 4.


Right now I'm watching the Criterion Collection release of Wim Wender's Paris, Texas. Honestly, I didn't see why it's held in such high regard. It's rather boring. I'm know some film critics would have me drawn and quartered for saying that, but it's true. I'm not up on the Wender's filmography, so I don't know if that would have any bearing on enjoying this film. So far it plays like an arthouse Lifetime Network film... artsy bits here and these amidst drawn out talky bits about a father and son. Yawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment